Who are we?
Big Friendly Giants?…………………No, We are the Bispham Friends Group, a welcoming bunch made up of Parents, Carers and School Staff who, as a team, organise fundraising events which not only provides a great socialising opportunity for parents and children but raises much needed funds to assist the school.
What do we do?
Examples of the types of events we run include:
- Family Quiz nights – fun night for all the family testing your knowledge
- Film Nights – These are run a couple of times in the year and are a hit with the kids!
- Summer Fete – A popular event on a Friday summer evening, traditional stalls are run by the children featuring old time classics such as tombola.
- Kids on the Cat Walk – Children have the opportunity to become a model for the day, modelling various clothes which are then available to purchase
- Christmas Disco – Our most popular event, getting everyone in the Christmas spirit!
At most of our events we provide refreshments, including a licensed bar.
How much money has been raised?
Last year (17/18) we raised over £5,000, this is a fantastic amount and has benefited the school in so many ways. Examples of how these funds have benefited the school include:
- Radio Booth (School now has its very own radio station)
- Books and board games
- School Leavers books
- Funding theatre performances
- Subsidising school trips
- School Christmas Tree
How do I get involved?
We are always looking for new members and helpers to support events. Help comes in different forms whether it be planning events, attending meetings, helping out on the bar, folding raffle tickets, making hampers, the list goes on.
We know time is precious and we all lead busy lives however we would appreciate your help, whatever you are able to give.
How can I get in touch?
- Join the ‘BFG’ Facebook page – just search ‘Bispham Friend Group’ and send a request
- Help us with new fund raising ideas – drop us an email at email@example.com
YOUR SUPPORT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED BY THE CHILDREN AT BISPHAM DRIVE